Thanks to my ‘100 Paper Cuts’ project mentors Muhammet Kara and Heiko Tietze for their guidance and code reviews; and thanks to everyone who helped me a lot for finding code pointers.
Hi all. I want to share my current progress for week #1.
Mouseover effect added to palettes in the Area tab
- Bug: tdf#109388 - UI:No mouseover effect for the different palettes in the Area tab
- Commit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/116395
Mouseover effect wasn’t showing in palettes on Color, Gradient, Bitmap, Pattern and Hatch sections. These sections are located at
Format > Page Style... > Area Tab.
Font Color and
Highlight Color palettes have the mouseover effect, I tried to find code pointers for them to understand how mouseover effect is shown in the code.
WB(WinBits) are showing the styles of palettes and
WB_FLATVALUESET does the mouseover effect on the palettes. In some sections
SetStyle() wasn’t set. The ones that have the SetStyle(), didn’t have the
WB_FLATVALUESET. I just added the
WB_FLATVALUESET within it. Now, mouseover effect works fine on the Area Tab.
Before: No mouseover effect:
Fix opposite cropping issue on flipped images in Writer
- Bug: tdf#104995 - Cropping flipped images occurs at the wrong side
- Commit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/116770
Another annoying issue in LibreOffice.
- Add an image in Writer.
- Right-click > Rotate or Flip > Flip Vertically/Horizontally
- Try to crop the image.
Cropping will occur at the opposite side of the image.
- If flipped vertically, trying to crop top will crop the bottom.
- If flipped horizontally, trying to crop right will crop the left.(the same goes to the other sides.)
- If flipped both vertically and horizontally, crop doesn’t work any side of the image.
I’ve spend about 3-4 days to find code pointers because ‘flipping’ is mentioned as ‘mirroring’ in the code.
sw/source/core/graphic/ndgrf.cxx, flipping flags are set to
GraphicAttr& rGA in the function
SwGrfNode::GetGraphicAttr(...). Crop values are applied to
Then, I thought that what if we also mirror the
crop values alongside the image?
Assign Left, Top, Right and Bottom crop values to our new variables to work with easily:
Then, mirror the crop values according to their flipping type:
Finally, set crop values:
2 bugs solved:
- tdf#109388 - UI:No mouseover effect for the different palettes in the Area tab
- tdf#104995 - Cropping flipped images occurs at the wrong side
Currently, I’m working on tdf#98404 - UX - While objects on a slide are being edited, notably text boxes, the new slide sorter Ctrl+Shift shortcut combinations (see bug 91909) incorrectly receive focus and move the slide.